Mfanisi is a financial product offered by Maisha microfinance bank in collaboration with Airtel Kenya and Safaricom. One needs to be registered on Mpesa and Airtel money in order to access this loan facility.
How to apply through Airtel Money
- Dial *222#
- Select Loans and Savings
- Select M-Fanisi
- Enter amount
- Enter your airtel money PIN
- Loan amount will be sent to your Airtel Money account
The loan is repayable within 7days, 14 days and 30 days at one-off facility fees of 4.8%,7.2% and 12% respectively with excise duty applicable on the fees. One has to have an active airtel money account for at least 6 months and have a clean CRB report.
How to apply through Safaricom Mpesa
- You will first need to register by dialing *281#
- Enter your ID Number
- Enter names as appears on ID
- Wait for a verification message as they have to validate your details on CRB
You can also access Mfanisi loan through their app which is available on Google play store. The loan is repayable within 30 days and attracts one-off facility fee of 10%.