Airtel money is a mobile platform that enables you to transfer money across all networks. Currently, it is free to send money from airtel to airtel regardless of the amount. A small fee however applies if you want to send money to networks.
You can use airtel money in place of MPesa when you have outstanding fuliza payments. Airtel has branches in most town centres so it won’t be a hassle when transacting. You can also access loans and savings from airtel money through the mfanisi product.
To activate airtel money, you can do it yourself and if it is not successful you can visit the nearest airtel shop with your original ID. Here are the steps to activate airtel money:
- Dial *222# on your phone
- Select 1 activate Airtel money
- Enter your ID Number
- Enter your date of birth as it appears on your ID
- Select your occupation
- Select your monthly income
- Confirm your details by entering 1
- Set your Airtel Money Pin of choice
- Enter a secret word (it could be your first name or any name you can easily remember)
- Enter alternate number (this is a number you already have. it could be from any network. If you do not have another number just put your airtel number.)
You will receive a message that your Airtel money has been activated successfully. If you receive error messages along the process of activation, it is advisable to visit an Airtel shop for assistance.